Recently Google started rolling out this new feature to Windows users and apparently it is possible on Android as well. It has been in the Chrome for Android Beta for quite some time. You can follow this tutorial to guide you through the process.
- Make sure your Chrome browser is up-to-date (requires at least 74 or Beta
- Make sure you are running a recent version of Android (tested on 6, which is pretty old)
Here is a video demonstrating the process but you can see the written instructions at the bottom of this page.
chrome://flagsinto the URL bar
- Use the search bar to search for “dark”
- Tap the drop down on Android Chrome UI dark mode
- Select Enabled
- Navigate to the Settings app on your phone
- Open the Apps section
- Find and tap on Chrome
- Tap force stop
- Reopen Chrome
- Tap the 3 dots menu in the top right and open Settings
- There will be a new option called Dark mode
- Open it and switch it on